Join the Team!
The Golf Club at Yankee Trace is a championship 27-hole golf course that includes a full service restaurant and banquet operation and a course maintenance facility. Owned and managed by the city of Centerville, the professional staff consists of full-time year round, part-time year round and part-time seasonal city employees. The golf course also participates in a CIVIC municipal program that provides part-time seasonal volunteer opportunities.
We seek energetic and hard working persons who can assist us in delivering exemplary customer service and quality golf course conditions for our members and guests and their families and friends. Our mission includes creating an atmosphere of professionalism and fairness for our employees and volunteers while exceeding customer’s expectations. As an organization, we provide training and implement sound business practices that enable staff members to progress their career aspirations and grow as individuals.
Application Process: Current opportunities are listed below. Submit an application and/or resume for consideration, indicating desired position to the address below or drop it off at the golf course and ask for a hiring manager. Click Here to download an Employment Application! Candidates selected as finalists are subject to a pre-employment background investigation. These positions are not eligible for benefits. EOE.
- Job Type: Part Time
- Salary / Pay Rate:$13.50 – $ 18.00 per hour
- Prepares meal ingredients as directed.
- Assists kitchen staff in preparing menu items as necessary to ensure timely service to patrons.
- Maintains cleanliness of kitchen facilities and equipment.
- Prepares fresh produce by peeling, cutting, and portioning.
- Prepares meat by trimming, cutting, and portioning.
- Prepares simple dishes such as breads or salads.
- Maintains compliance with applicable health, safety, food handling, and hygiene codes and standards.
- Fills in as sauté cook, cold line cook, and/or expediter, as necessary.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license.
- Training and/or experience in restaurant or institutional kitchen operations
- Job Type: Part Time
- Salary / Pay Rate:$10.00 – $14.00 per hour
- Takes customers’ food and beverage orders and serves guests in a timely manner.
- Prepares mixed drinks requested by bar customers and servers for guests in the dining room.
- Assists in restaurant running food, clearing tables, greeting guests, serving beverages, etc.
- Adheres to state law regarding liquor sales.
- Performs daily functions of stocking bar, maintaining cleanliness of bar area and performing necessary side work to keep bar area functioning efficiently.
- Candidate must be at least 21 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license.
- Training and/or experience in serving and mixing alcoholic beverages
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Job Type: Part Time
- Salary / Pay Rate: $ 10.00 per hour – $14.00 per hour
- Operates automatic dishwasher to clean and sanitize dishes used in restaurant and banquet facilities.
- Hand washes pots, pans, cooking utensils and other cooking equipment as necessary.
- Stocks workstation with all required supplies as listed on station sheet.
- Cleans and maintains all equipment and reports any equipment malfunctions.
- Performs daily and weekly maintenance of kitchen facilities and equipment.
- Assists other kitchen staff as necessary.
- Candidate must be at least 16 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license
- Training and/or experience in restaurant or institutional kitchen operations is preferred
CIVIC Municipal Volunteer Program
The City of Centerville’s municipal volunteer program, Citizens Involved in Centerville (CIVIC), assists the city in its efforts to provide superior services to its residents, and extends opportunities for citizens to participate in their local government and community.
Greeter / Player Assistant: Now accepting applications for volunteer greeters and player assistants. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license. The position is active during the golf season; April thorough October. Duties include greeting golfers and checking receipts on the fist tee and providing information about daily course conditions. Player assistants monitor pace of play and provide customer service to golfers on the golf course. up to 9 hours per week.
Shuttle Drivers: Now accepting applications for volunteer shuttle drivers. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license. The position is active during the golf season; April thorough October. Duties include transporting golfers and guests of the facility to and from clubhouse and transporting members to and from the private practice facility. Average 6 or 7 hours per week.
Course Beautification: Now accepting applications for golf course beautification volunteers. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license. The position is active during the golf season; April thorough October. Duties include mulching and planting flower beds, placing sand on fairways and greens and other agronomy practices. Average 6 or 7 hours per week.
Click here for a link to download a Volunteer Application!
Complete application and bring to the golf course or mail to the address below:
City of Centerville Human Resources Department
100 West Spring Valley Road
Centerville, OH 45458
Web page: www.centervilleohio.gov