The health and safety of our employees, residents and community is our highest priority. Therefore, we continue to take precautionary steps and make service adjustments in response to the latest information. The Golf Club closed on Friday, March 27 after Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County advised that all Ohio courses must close under the Governor’s order. On Sunday, March 29, we received new information from the Ohio Department of Health that a golf course operating as an outdoor recreation opportunity and abiding by social distancing requirements does not present a health concern and is permitted to stay open.
The Golf Club at Yankee Trace provides a service to the community that is consistent with the Governor’s encouragement to spend time outdoors. We are committed to doing so in a way that prevents the spread of illness and limits person-to-person contact. We have made the following changes to operations in an effort to protect our community:
- Payment will be limited to credit cards. Prepayment over the phone is encouraged.
- Access to the clubhouse is restricted to restroom facilities.
- Golf car rentals will be limited to riders who have a current handicapped placard from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. All other golfers must walk.
- Tee Times will be set at 10 minute intervals for increased spacing between groups.
- Golfers will not be paired with other players, for example; if you reserve a tee time for 2 golfers, you will remain a two-some.
- All flag sticks will remain in the hole at all times. A device will be positioned in the hole to keep the ball above the ground.
- All golf rakes and ball washers have been removed.
- Golf course restrooms will be closed until further notice.
- The driving range is temporarily closed.
- Indoor golf simulators are will remain temporarily closed.
- Golfer “to go” food service is available at the golfers’ window on Wednesday through Sunday with limited hours.
- Fish Fry on the Fly will be available for take-out orders on Fridays and Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday Brunch and all other restaurant events are cancelled until further notice.
- Common areas and shared items will be cleaned and sanitized many times throughout the day.
- The parking lot will be open but with reduced parking available so as to limit the number of golfers on the course.
We need help from our customers to ensure rules are followed and proper social distancing is maintained. Your cooperation helps us keep our patrons and our staff healthy and our golf course operational.
Under the circumstances, the City of Centerville feels it is necessary to temporarily suspend the Yankee Trace volunteer program, as well as the golf privileges we give volunteers in exchange for their time, until at least April 6. You will receive further communication closer to the time we decide to reinstate the volunteer program this season. We are taking actions to encourage more social distancing and operating with reduced staff and revenue in an effort to prevent the spread of infection.
Please do not visit The Golf Club at Yankee Trace if you are exhibiting any symptoms of illness. We continue to gather information and work with our partners at Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County. Information specific to Centerville residents is available at https://www.centervilleohio.gov/coronavirus.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, please contact Yankee Trace Administrator Steve Marino at email@example.com..
The Yankee Trace experience is more than 27 Holes of championship golf! The picturesque landscape includes a duel-ended practice center featuring a “members’ only” short game performance arena and three indoor simulators for year round game improvement. The prominent 32,000 square foot clubhouse compliments the scenery and provides a natural setting for business meetings during the workweek and luxurious wedding sanctuaries on special weekends. The restaurant hosts seasonal dinner events and a popular brunch every Sunday. And what truly distances Yankee Trace from every other facility is a shared commitment from our entire staff to present immaculate golf course conditions and provide quality customer service in a quest to deliver a premium setting for our guests!
In the Spring of 1995, The Golf Club at Yankee Trace unveiled 18 holes of championship golf to rave reviews. The facility earned 4 ½ stars by the prestigious Golf Digest ranking team, is recognized as a Top 50 municipal golf course in the country with greens fees under $50 and named “Best Golf Course” in Dayton for 14 consecutive years by the Dayton Daily News! In 2002, Gene Bates, original designer, completed his masterpiece by gently meandering 9 additional holes through Centerville’s prime real estate; a warm and friendly community located in the southern tip of the Gem City.
The Golf Club at Yankee Trace is more than most golf courses; it offers the convenience and affordability of a public facility, the fine amenities of a country club and the casual atmosphere of a golf resort. But more importantly it can be what YOU would like it to be; A local vacation spot to escape the rigmarole of the day to day, a scenic sanctuary to congregate and socialize or simply a private hideaway to hone your golfing skills. So, join us amidst 150 acres of natural preserve and live the golf life!